Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh my belly

Shaun is obsessed with my belly and he keeps bugging me to post belly pictures. I, on the other hand, am not so crazy about letting everyone see my expanding midsection. So, this is for everyone who has not seen me with +20 some odd extra pounds protruding from my abdominopelvic cavity.
I know what you're thinking, but no, I am not holding my butt fat up. I simply wanted to show that I do still have a little curve to my back. My love handles are big, but still under control... for the most part.

This little angle is my baby at 32 weeks. The picture says "sucking" because she is sucking on her fingers. It's such a cute baby thing to do and if you look at the back of her head the doctor said that you can see she already has a full head of hair! I'm totally embarassed to admit this but oh well. When I saw her sucking on her fingers during the ultra sound I had one stinking little tear escape from my eye and run down my cheek. I couldn't help it. I just saw her there acting like a real baby and bam! it hit me that I have a real person in my belly who's going to grow up and do, I don't know, real people things. It was crazy. I don't think I will ever feel completely ready to be a mom, but that moment made me realize just how excited I am to meet her and hold her for the first time. I know that in just over a month my life will change forever, and as scary as that is, I know it will be a great change. I've always thought that when I had kids my "life" would be over. I would never get to do the things that I have always dreamed about doing in life. I thought that I would have to give up my dreams and just be a dumpy house mom who never takes care of herself or gets to do anything for herself. I have recently realized, though, that this is not the end of my "life", but a new chapter that I can't wait to start. I guess seeing Monica with her kids has helped me a lot as well. I can't imagine anything else that I would rather do than kick it with her and her kids. Maybe someday we will be neighbors and we can kick it while our kids entertain each other. Hopefully by then Kara will have some kids too, and then it will be a real party :)! So here's to the future, scary and unknown, but never boring. Who knows what life will bring next, but as Kirsten Dunst says, "Bring it on!"







2 comments:

The Smith's said...

Panda I am so excited to come out and see your little family in June. I only wish I could be there as soon as you have her. But I do love your little belly because for once in my life you are bigger than ME!!! ha ha

Kara and Todd said...

Whahahaha! "Kara joining soon"... Whahahaha! Manda! I love seeing you with a belly. It just makes my day seeing you so... plump. :) Its cute! Your cute! Awe, I miss you. Now i've made myself sad... Monica, take me with you when you go!!!!!!!!

Oh ps. I NEED YOUR ADDRESS!!!!:)